Children with autism grow up to be adults with autism. Between the ages of 18-22, federally mandated autism services are no longer available. There is a critical need for quality vocational programming for adults with autism.
- Every 11 minutes a child is born who will be diagnosed with autism
- These children will likely live an average lifespan of 80 years – like any other adult
- In this coming decade, 500,000 of these adults will turn 21, the age at which federally mandated services will stop
- It is estimated that up to 3500 adults with autism in Utah will require significant supports (URADD)
- These adults deserve a program that helps them have a high quality of life
- Individuals with autism never stop learning and gaining new skills, this evidence-based program will help maximize their potential”
We want to expand the Pingree programs to adults. What makes us different? We successfully serve the hardest, most affected population with quality programs.